Our kit is the ONLY one that covers ALL types below. Information is changing quickly on these due to the election, please order your kit soon to be grandfathered with the old regs!
Type 01 is for non-destructive dealers, gunsmiths and pawn shops. It is the foundation of all the others and the most common home/ instructor classroom type.
"Class or Type 3" refers to a firearms dealer who has paid a special tax, called the "Special Occupational Tax" (SOT) to deal in machineguns and other National Firearms Act (NFA) weapons.
Machineguns, Sound suppressors, Short-Barrel Rifles and Shotguns, and Any Other Weapons (AOW) -- such as forward AR broomsticks on pistols, are all regulated and taxed under the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA) as amended by Title 2 of the Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968. NFA is managed by IRS rather than ATF. These are called III, NFA or AOW by ATF. Semi-auto and all other firearms except large-bore or explosive Destructive Devices are regulated under Title 1 of the Gun Control Act (GCA).
What most people mistakenly call Class 3 is properly referred to as NFA or Title 2 firearms.
A Class 3 SOT dealer is a dealer of NFA firearms A Class 2 SOT manufacturer is a manufacturer of NFA firearms A Class 1 SOT importer is an importer of NFA firearms
Type 1 FFL is a Title 1 dealer or gunsmith Type 2 FFL is a Title 1 dealer doing business as a pawnbroker Type 3 FFL is a licensed collector of Curio & Relic (C&R) firearms Type 6 FFL is a licensed maker of ammunition and reloading components other than Armor Piercing ammunition Type 7 FFL is a Title 1 manufacturer of firearms, ammunition and ammunition components other than NFA, Destructive Devices and Armor Piercing ammunition Type 8 FFL is an importer of Title 1 firearms and ammunition Type 9 FFL is a dealer in Title 1 firearms including NFA destructive devices, but no other NFA Type 10 FFL is a manufacturer of Title 1 firearms, ammunition and ammunition components, including NFA Destructive Devices but no other NFA, and not including Armor Piercing ammunition Type 11 FFL is an importer of Title 1 firearms, ammunition and NFA Destructive Devices, but no other NFA
To get a Class 3 SOT status, you need a dealer or manufacturer FFL which includes Type 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 - and pay a yearly $500 tax due every July 1st.
To get a Class 2 SOT status, you need a manufacturer FFL, which includes Type 7, 10 - and pay a yearly $1000 or $500 (reduced rate for small manufacturers) tax due every July 1st.
To get a Class 1 SOT status, you need an importer FFL, which includes Type 8, 11- and pay a yearly $1000 or $500 (reduced rate for small importers) tax due every July 1st.
Click HERE for info on how your credentials can result in immediate new monthly income compared to other programs...
1. Your online Platinum access password gives you the most up to date ATF information you can get anywhere, as it is updated at least weekly and usually daily. Other kits are printed with very old, misleading and inaccurate information, that gets applicants consistently denied. Our applicants are 100% successful following the online instructions, and we have hundreds of new FFLs faxed to us each week (we offer the ONLY 100% success guarantee). We get dozens of complaints weekly about other kits, and how useless they are with what’s presently going on in DC. Our morebans.org site has been written up in every pro gun venue in the U.S. as on top of what’s really going down with DC and ATF.
2. Ours is the only kit offered by a major distributor. Our “win” is successful new dealers in our network, not 10 bucks for a kit! We have thousands of dealers buying very rare allocated items wholesale every day, so your successful application is the real win for both of us. Every day, we set up a partnership that literally makes the new dealer wealthy. We have significant resources for those who demonstrate loyalty, and we return that attitude.
3. Other non web kits without the newest links contain forms that are out of date and now illegal, and a guaranteed DENIAL. Under new ATF policy, each applicant must request information in a certain format, and you get the links immediately with your FFL kit.
4. ATF has congratulated hundreds of our applicants for the site visit prep they got from the store, home and web/gunsmithing links on the Platinum site. Please carefully read the home and store info, as policy is changing daily, and hearkening back to the old Bill Clinton days more and more, when over 30,000 home and abbreviated hours store dealers were shut down.
5. New GUNSMITHING, FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR and RELOADING/ MANUFACTURING rules are putting thousands of home-based web based, and office-based home warehouse and warehouse only dealers at risk due to the new ATF gunsmithing policy on hours by appointment and the new firearms instructor rules on office or classroom based FFLs. NO other kit even knows about this, let alone offers a solution. In partnership with PSU, we are offering both applicants and current home, office or warehouse based dealers (or stores with abbreviated or weekend hours) a way to stay in business—for only $99, compared to over $5,000 for the next biggest accredited gunsmith or firearms instructor certifications. And those other schools aren’t even aware of the FFL situation! Check out our info in SHOTGUN NEWS every issue: our mission is to SAVE dealers, SAVE collections, and PRESERVE our 2nd Amendment Rights in the face of Draconian new bans and CURRENT efforts to shut down many old license structures. We WILL stand with you and WILL be faithful to our mutual commitment to preserve our rights. Semper Fi!
ATTENTION GUNSMITHS: THE NEW 15-1 REGS NOW REQUIRE AN FFL EVEN FOR MINOR REQUESTED ALTERATIONS BY SINGLE CUSTOMERS. THIS BREAKS A 50 YEAR TRADITION, AND MAKES YOUR FFL A MUST!